Gainesville Archery Club Shooter of the Year Rules
- You must stay in the same class. No scores will be transferred between classes.
- Each shooter will be able to drop their lowest score. If a shooter misses one shoot, then that shooter is still eligible for the GAC Shooter of the Year.
- All classes will be eligible except for True Novice because of the move up rule.
- All shooters MUST shoot one 900 Round to be eligible for the GAC Shooter of the Year. If a shooter shoots more than one 900 Round then that shooter will be allowed to use his/her highest score for the GAC Shooter of the Year.
2013 NGA Rules
- Equipment and bow speed may be checked at any time!
- NGA speed limits are listed with each class as the rules for 2013 have changed.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated ( littering, bad language, temper tantrums etc.) 1st Offense-warning; 2nd Offense- disqualified from tournament; 3rd Offense- ban for one year of competition
- Time limits will be enforced- 1st Shooter has 2 minutes, each shooter there after will have 1 minute in that group to make their shot. Warnings will be given to groups holding up the progression of other groups.
- Shooters found pushing over targets, pushing targets apart, or putting debris in the shooting lanes will be disqualified from the tournament plus the next 3 shoots. The group will also be disqualified from the tournament.
- Shooting groups will have no more than 5 shooters and no less than 3 shooters in a group. Shooter groups can be busted up at any time for size or time infractions. no more than 4 open shooters in a group
- Arrows must be touching the line in order to be scored with the higher score.
-If you win a trophy or money it must be picked up by the next shoot of that host club or risk forfeiting that trophy or money.
- Anyone disqualified for any reason will forfeit all SOY points and standings. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- 14 rings will not count for 2013! 12 rings will not be called by shooter. Lower 12 rings unless posted otherwise by club.
- Shooters will be allowed to shoot 2 rounds during a tournament. The said shooter must shoot an unknown class first and then shoot a known class second. Shooters will not be allowed to shoot in the same class twice. Score cards from the first round must be turned in prior to shooting the second round or the said shooter will be disqualified from the tournament.
2013 NGA Classes
Cost $20.00 with 70% pay back.
1 to 5 shooters pays 1 place, 6 to 8 shooters pays 2 places and 9 or more shooters pays top 3 shooters.
Any Shooter that shoots Pro or Semi-Pro at any National level tournament must shoot in a money class.
Advanced Open : Any equipment. 45 yards White stake 290 fps
Advanced Known : Any equipment, must supply own range finder. 45 yards White stake 290 fps
Senior Open : Any equipment. 50 years old and older. 45 yards White stake 290 fps
Women's Known 40 : Any equipment. Must supply own range finder. 40 yards Red stake 280 fps
Cost $15.00 per shooter or a family rate of $25.00 (Max of 3 family members. $5 per family member there after)
Trophy placements for 3 to 5 shooters : 1 trophy; 6 to 8 shooters : 2 trophies; 9 or more shooters : 3 trophies ( If only 2 people shoot in a class 1st place will receive 1/2 entry fee as award)
Open Trophy : Any equipment. 45 yards White stake 290 fps
Known Trophy : Any equipment, Must supply own range finder.45 yards White stake 290 fps
Super Senior : Any equipment, 60 years old and older. 40 yards Red stake 280 fps
Unlimited Hunter : Known distance. Range finders allowed. Fixed pins or hunter type mover sight that moves behind the riser. No front moving sights. Any release. Maximum stabilizer length is 12 inches measured at the point of attachment on the front of the riser. Screw in field points only no target points.
45 yards White stake NO SPEED LIMIT
Arrow must weigh 5 grains per pound.
Hunter Class : Compound Bow. Fixed pins or hunter type mover sight that moves behind the riser. No front moving sights. Any release. Magnification is allowed. Maximum stabilizer length is 12 inches measured at the point of attachment on the front of the riser. 40 yards Red stake 280 fps
True Novice : Any Equipment. 3 - 1st place wins and you must move up to a higher class.
30 yards Blue stake 280 fps
Women's Hunter : Known Distance. Compound Bow. Fixed pins or hunter type mover sight that moves behind the riser. Any release. Magnification is allowed. Maximum stabilizer length is 12 inches measured at the point of attachment on the front of the riser. Must supply own range finder. 30 yards Blue Stake 260 fps
Young Adult : Any equipment. 15 to 17 Years Old. 40 yards Red stake 280 fps
Youth Class : Any equipment. 12 To 14 Years Old. 30 yards Blue stake 240 fps
Traditional Class : Recurve or Long bows. Fingers. No sights or marks. 1 Finger must touch the nock.
25 Yards Yellow stake 280 fps
Cubs : (Shoot Free) Any equipment. 11 years old and younger. Must be supervised by an adult. Yardage is up to the supervising adult.
Shoot for fun : $10.00 Any equipment, any stake and no score kept.
These Rules and Classes are set forth by the North Georgia Archery Circuit Board.